Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A quick thought on Nerf guns and warning labels...

It was a fairly predictable string of events that took me from thinking about toys for Toys For Tots to buying myself a Nerf gun for my room. While I could go on for hours extolling the awesomeness of my new toy, I want to highlight a couple gems I found on the Nerf website:

1) They have a battery-powered, bipod mounted, belt-fed Nerf machine gun...what?!?!?!

2) In our ridiculous society, where everyone hides in fear of a liability lawsuit (I could go on for days about how much I hate this), protective glasses are now being included in some of the Nerf toys. While this may be to promote good eye-protection practices for when kids move to shooting each other with BB guns(...), I find it a pretty long stretch to think that anyone could hurt themselves with a Nerf dart. Wait, no, that makes a lot of sense now.

3)Finally, there was a nice little warning included on the page for one of the guns. It reads;

CAUTION: Do not look directly at the sun. This is not a protective device.

Who fucked that one up? "I have a Nerf gun, that means I can look at the sun, right?" Guess not, idiot...

All that being said, Nerf guns are awesome. Now, back to shooting my roommate in the back of the head while he studies...

2 comments:

Gregor said...

Please tell me you asked for that belt-fed monstroscity for Christmas. That thing looks AMAZING.

Owais Khan said...

Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster - A superb collection of Nerf Nstrike Elite Strongarm Blaster from Hamleys. check over here