Sunday, November 23, 2008

Some random Sunday thoughts...

So this week is going to be an easy one, the only thing of note we are doing is zeroing our rifles, which involves shooting a couple groups of 3 rounds to find the correct sight settings for our individual rifles. The post said to "bring professional reading material", which to me means "you're going to sit around a lot, so expect to be bored". Hopefully everyone remembers their warming layers so at least we won't be freezing the whole time...(yeah right) A couple things I've been thinking lately are as follows:

-I need to stop buying cool gear (the term "gear queer" gets thrown around a lot here)
-Valkyrie looks great
-Quantum of Solace was awesome, despite what several people have tried to tell me
-Thanksgiving is going to be interesting in DC

That's all I can think of for now, I need to get my coffee maker up and running for tomorrow, we're practicing with pistols out in the landing zone for several hours, so you can imagine how warm that's going to be. Cheers!

Charlie

2 comments:

Sue K. said...

So what exactly is cool gear?

Thanksgiving is going to be different for the families of you and your friends this year. Whenever a family member is missing on a holiday it adds a touch of sadness for those that are there.

I was surprised to see that the temperatures in Virginia are not much better than those in Wisconsin right now! We do have one thing you don't--snow!

Gregor said...

Quantum of Solace WAS very good, I don't understand the negative reviews of it either. It had everything that Casion Royale had, plus a boat chase and a dogfight.