Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

As I get ready to head to the gym on this Thanksgiving, I want to take some time to think about all the things I'm thankful for. It's been an interesting year for sure, with a major step of my life coming to pass (College, that is) and I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. I'm sad that I can't be home with my family, but I trust that they'll keep themselves entertained enough to not let it get them down, and I'm sure Chewie will step up in my absence. Some of the things I'm thankful for are as follows:

-My family, I love you all and without your support I would never be where I am today. I'm especially thankful that grandpa is still with us and I hope he's here for many more to come!
-My friends, you've always been there for me and I miss you guys and I hope you're all enjoying your little break here before life picks up again
-The awesome opportunity that I've been given to lead Marines and train with the best, who would have thought that this is where life would take me?
-Chewie, of course, my best friend this summer, who I hope hasn't been mellowed out too much by all the attention at home
-And finally, all the men and women who are serving our country so that we can enjoy our Thanksgivings at home as they work their asses off on the other side of the world for us.

This is just a short list of some of the most important things to me and I hope that all of you have a happy Thanksgiving and get to watch some quality football. Take some time to think about what you're thankful for, and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with an even longer list than I have. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Charlie



Qdoba: The new Grandma's House?

No comments: